*** UNDER CONSTRUCTION! ***
Big changes coming soon! Thank you for your patience!
Have you considered trying Lymph Drainage Therapy?
Lymph Drainage Therapy (LDT) is a type of bodywork that targets the lymphatic system, manually aiding the collection of interstitial fluids and moving it through the lymph channels, improving the efficiency of your body’s lymphatic system as well as providing much benefit in a number of other areas/body systems & functions. This therapy is great for people who are healthy as well as those who have mild to severe medical conditions, and who may not be an appropriate fit for massage therapy or other types of bodywork. This is a very relaxing, gentle therapy with a wide variety of benefits that range from helping you recover from illness or surgery faster to improving the appearance of wrinkles and cellulite. LDT is an integral part of any detoxification program and it is the lymphatic system that regularly flushes the tissues of the body, removing cellular waste products, debris and toxic molecules to be excreted by the body. LDT is also used regularly in the prevention and treatment of lymphedema, which can be an unfortunate result of surgeries, parasites, certain medications or cancer diagnostics and/or treatments. Learn more about LDT here.
*** I am in training to be certified in the Chikly method of Lymph Drainage Therapy (LDT) and need to practice and do case studies for my certification. Please contact me if you would like specific LDT treatments available at a discounted rate to participants.
Contact me for more details. 608-780-3993. ***
Do you have one of these conditions that you would like to have focused LDT treatment for at a reduced rate for a series of sessions? Please contact me to set up a series of sessions for treatment:
- Facial wrinkles
- Allergies, asthma, or COPD
- Past surgeries or scars, injuries
- Arthritis (RA or OA) – with manifestations in the hands and/or feet primarily, also that may affect the knees and/or shoulders
- Shoulder pathologies: frozen shoulder, inflammation, bursitis, arthritis, rotator cuff tearing or injury, etc.
- Frequent headaches and/or intracranial pressure
- Singers, public speakers, or people with speech pathologies or conditions involving the throat/neck area, including the jaw (TMJ, clenching or grinding teeth, etc)
- Eye surgeries or pathologies including floaters, cloudy vision, headaches around the eye area, dryness, tracking issues, excess moisture/drainage or tearing from the eye, pressure behind the eye.
- Ear surgeries or pathologies, including conditions affecting the outer and/or inner ear, conditions affecting balance or intracranial pressure.
- Nodal biopsies or removals, radiation (must be finished with treatment and several weeks passed to allow the integrity of the skin to be repaired as it is extremely fragile after radiation treatment) or chemotherapy (e.g. diagnostics and treatments for cancers, including breast cancer).
*** please be aware that I am not yet qualified to treat stage 1, 2, or 3 lymphedema. I am able to treat stage 0, latent stage of people who meet risk factor criteria for development of lymphedema ***
*** Please be aware that certain medical conditions may require a medical release from your doctor before treatment can begin.
The main reason for this is that because the lymph fluid drains into the heart/circulatory system, it increases the load upon the heart
and could be problematic for people with certain cardiovascular conditions or other conditions. ***
Welcome to Earth Hands Therapies!
I offer a variety of bodywork services, aimed at helping you overcome pain and restriction and achieve optimum health. Massage therapy & bodywork provide wonderful benefits to people of all ages and backgrounds. Read on for more details on how bodywork can benefit you. You may also subscribe to my mailing list to receive information via my newsletter: The Massage Messenger. This is a monthly mailing (email or USPS) that contains information about massage & bodywork therapies, benefits, contraindications, articles on health, self-care, and environment. Use the form below to sign up for the e-newsletter. Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a monthly paper newsletter through the mail. Be sure to include your mailing address!
DOWNLOAD my Green Smoothie Recipe Packet, full of recipes, tips, hints & resources!
Subscribe to The Massage Messenger